The Chamonix Adventure Festival is upon us again and its line up and list of events is looking better than ever! Check out a link of the following films they have coming up HERE.
As well as showcasing some of the best outdoor films in the world there are many courses specifically aimed at improving outdoor photography and video, well worth a look.
Here are two press releases outlining whats going on.
To find out more about the festival, this is what the organisers have to say:
Chamonix Adventure Festival is an association under Loi 1901 and a not-for-profit organisation with the following aims:
– to highlight all aspects of discovery through the environment, the arts, and through sports
– to organise events around the themes of adventure and the arts
– to assist private & public organisations setting up such events
– to create links between residents and visitors to the Chamonix valley via art, sports, adventure and respect for the environment
– to promote education & training on the themes of adventure and the arts, via courses and workshops (eg. photography, filmmaking, creative writing).
The aim of the Festival is to bring together every aspect and element of the adventure community, forging continuing partnerships and creating a platform for exchange and creativity for years to come.
We aim to showcase a very wide range of activities and we invest a huge amount of time and effort into ensuring that our films & events are presented in French & English.
The Festival has been created, set up and is run thanks to the incredible talents, expertise and generous donation of time from our fabulous team of volunteers and with the full support and involvement of the towns of Chamonix & Les Houches. From communication and marketing to film selection and subtitling, a multitude of skilled roles are involved and people across the globe work tirelessly editing, translating, and correcting subtitles and materials for the Festival.